Garage door opener rail bows when closing is a common problem that causes great inconvenience and frustration for homeowners.
Most people are in confusion how to solve this problem. But, there are a few simple solutions that can easily solve the problem without professional help.
Table of Contents
What Is The Garage Door Opener Rail?
The garage door opener rail is a metal bar that is attached to the garage door opener and runs along the top edge of the garage door.
What is a garage door opener rail bow?
A garage door opener rail bow is a condition that occurs when a person closes a garage door with the opener in the open position. This will cause the garage door opener to be pulled in by the weight of the door and the opener rail bows.
Causes Of Garage Door Opener Rail Bows
The cause of garage door opener rail bow when closing can be attributed to one or more of the following factors:
1. The first factor is the garage door opener system itself. If your garage door opener system is old, it may have worn parts. This could be a cause of the garage door opener rail bow when closing.
2. Improper installation is another reason for the garage door opener rail bow when closing. This is usually caused by a homeowner installing the opener without having a professional do it for them.
3. Another reason might be the type of garage door opener that you have installed. A garage door opener that has a very heavy weight and/or a long extension is usually the reason for the garage door opener rail bow when closing. If you have a heavy garage door opener, it may not close properly and will cause the rail to bow.
4. The most common cause of garage door opener rail bows when closing is a loose hinge. The hinge should be tight to prevent the opener from moving. If it’s not, you will get a rail bow when closing.
5. The last most probable reason for this problem could be the improper alignment of the rail with the opening on the garage door frame.
Solutions Of The Garage Door Opener Rail Bow Problem
If your garage door opener rail bow, there are some things you can do to correct the problem.
1. The first thing to do is to get a new garage door opener. If you already have one, make sure that you check it for any defects and replace it if necessary.
2. The next thing to do is to lubricate the garage door opener rail bow. You should use a non-greasy lubricant such as light oil. You should also apply lubricant to the door opener rails.
3. If you are using a remote control garage door opener, you should look for signs of wear and tear on the garage door opener remote control. If you find any, you should replace them immediately.
4. If you are using a manual garage door opener, you should make sure that you lubricate the hinges of the garage door.
5. You should also make sure that you lubricate the garage door opener motor.
6. The last thing to do is to lubricate the rollers and tracks of the garage door.
Why Is Your Garage Door Opener Rail Bending?
If you are worried about
The garage door opener rail bends while it’s closing, not sure what to do then…
There could be many reasons for the door opener rail bending such as loose cable, poor installation or worn parts, and most important temperature changes.
If you live in such a place where the temperature goes very high and low in different seasons then this temperature dissimilarity also affects the performance of the garage door.
The Garage Door Doesn’t Open Or Close Smoothly
Garage doors are a great way to keep your home secure and safe. They’re also a great way to create a feeling of privacy and security. Sometimes its opening and closing are not as smooth as earlier.
If your garage door isn’t opening or closing smoothly, then there could be a number of reasons.
1. If the garage door is not closing smoothly, check that the door is properly aligned. If the door is misaligned, you’ll need to adjust it until it’s properly aligned.
2. You might need to adjust the tension on the garage door opener’s cable. You’ll also need to make sure that the door is closed properly.
3. Make sure your garage door is in good working order. Test whether the movement of the garage door is smooth or not by pushing it on the top and bottom.
4 . Make sure you have the correct amount of lubricant on your garage door opener. If you don’t, it could cause the garage door to become jammed.
5 . Also check the opener if it is working or not. In most cases, a broken opener creates such a problem.
6. Lastly, check the track and the hinges for any signs of wear and tear. If you find anything, then you can contact a garage door repairman to help you fix it.
Conclusion (How To Fix Garage Door Opener Rail)
The garage door opened rail bow is a very common problem and in most cases, it can be fixed yourself by following some simple tips.
I hope this article helps you to sort out this problem. I’ve listed some quick hacks to sort out this problem. I’d love to hear how you fixed it! Please share your experience in the comments below.
FAQs about Bending Garage Door Opener Rail
Q.1 What is a garage door opener?
Ans: Garage door openers are electrical devices that can help you open and close your garage door.
Q.2 Why are garage door opener rail bows common?
This is a common problem that most homeowners face with their garage door. The passing of time and lack of maintenance cause this issue.
If you properly take care of its parts, monitor them once a month, and lubricate them properly, will minimize the cause of the rail bow problem of your garage door.